Thursday, May 15, 2008

Went back home, UTAR's open day, headache, parents shop...etc;

Went back to Malacca last Saturday. Should have taken the morning bus but didn't for I had to follow my housemate( SP ) to her Uni's open day week. It wasn't really my housemate's idea to go there; but she had no choice for her friend wanted to enquire regarding the courses that are available in UTAR.


And so, I tagged along with "SP" and her friend to UTAR's Bio-tech Campus which was located at Jalan Genting Kelang-- very, very near to TARC( my college )-- . We only had to walk there to our destination for the distance between TBR( my rented house ) and "SP's" uni was relatively short.


I was kinda excited for I always wanted to see how my housemate's Uni looks liked from the inside. Previously, I only saw how the outside area looks liked; but not from the inside. As I know, UTAR's Bio-Tech campus was rather new, for the whole building was only about a-year-old. I still remembered seeing it taking in its very-first-new-batch-of-freshmen last year; when I was just starting my January Intake "CPS" course.


We were being led by "SP" to the open day venue, since it was her Uni. After walking along the main office's backlane, going past a garden path and walking down a flight of steps; we finally reached the new block of buidings where the open day was being held. I was not quite amazed when I finally saw what I wanted to see. Before that, I argued with "SP" that UTAR's Bio-tech was much bigger compared to the PJ campus( where hopefully; I will be going next year after I have passed through all my 3 papers ).*- Btw, I am majoring in Journalism -*. After seeing with my own eyes, I decided that it was only average in size compared to KTAR--- which was HUGE.


And so, "SP's" friend went to enquire what she wanted to know, while my housemate suggested that I should also go and enquire my Journalism course at the same time.We walked past few education booths and stopped at the Social Arts & Science cornwer. I nudged "SP" on the shoulder and whispered to her that I have finally found the right place that I wanted to enquire.


At the Social Arts & Science corner, there sat two tudung-clad Malay ladies who are in charged. Both of them greeted us with a wide smile and asked us on what they could do to help us.


Thus, the Q&A session begins. During my Q&A with them, I seized the opportunity and managed to find outdakblue> everything and what I wanted to know regarding my course. I can feel that it was going to be a long day for I think I enquired for almost two hours. I also got the course structure on my Journalism course. It was a 3-year Bachelor Of Journalism degree program. I also found out that I have to take a second language during my second sem of my first year. The choice was either Japanese or Mandarin; but I chose the latter for I am considered a
"siang chiau ren"( aka:banana-chinese ) and I need serious proper Mandarin lessons in order to become the *real* thing. I also enquired on the subject that I feared the most, that is the resit/repeat paper and what if a student has failed a subject. The two Malay ladies assured me that will not be much of a major problem if I obey these two important rules :

1. NO PLAYING TRUANT/SKIPPING CLASSES FOR NO
VALID REASONS.

2. NO MAJOR SERIOUS DISCIPLINARY PROBLEMS.



But the downside of failing your exams in Uni is that for every single Resit/Repeat paper, your GPA or CGPA will dropped/decreased. If there are more resit papers being taken; than your CGPA will continue dropping...Yikes...!!! And to think that some top/brilliant students who are always trying to main their GPA results. What I am thinking is that if I do indeed get into UTAR next year, I will not be aiming for a high target. Although, I do think that I won't be doing that badly in Jounalism compare to some of the difficult subjects which I have to handle in CPS such as the "damn" Economics, Computer Studies and Web Page Design. That's one of the reasons why I asked that Malay lady on whether the many subjects that I might be taking in UTAR next year have anything to do with computer. However, I am rest assured that the one.., two subjects only touches on the basic of Computing stuff.

* Rolls eyes *. I really dunno what to say...


With that I end that above topic and move on to the next one. Coming back from the open day, I went to the ATM to draw out some cash. As usual, I was being accompanied by my housemate for she was also my bodyguard and protector for I do not want strangers to see my ATM number and also how much of cash that I draw out. Overall, it was for safety reasons. After that, we went straight home for I have not yet finish packing my stuff.


At the KTAR bus stand, I boarded a taxi to the Wangsa Maju LRT station. By taking the Putra line to Masjid Jamek and than Star Central to Plaza Rakyat; I finally reached Pudu Station. I looked at my watch. It was already 3.00 pm. I bought the earliest bus ticket to Malacca which leaves at 3.30 pm at Platform 18. The name of the bus is called Metrobus".


The stupid bus driver only let us into the bus when it was sharp 3.30pm. After around 2 and a half hours, I finally reached the Malacca Central at 6.00 pm. Dad misscall me and told me that small "cece" will be picking me up. For your information, small "cece" is my auntie's youngest sister and I call her that because that I how I used to call her since young. I waited at the Malacca Central main entrance for about 15 minutes, and soon I did saw small "cece" waving towards me. She had come in her white-coloured "Toyota Corolla" car together with her elder sister and two of my younger girl cousins, Elaine and Emily.


( On a note:- I am kinda tired and having a headache right now
but will still continue typing...- )


I was quite happy and pleased to see that my parents food business is doing quite well. When we first started, business was slow and there were not many customers. But soon, things are beginning to pick up and more and more people began coming to our shop to have their meals. I also noticed that our shop have also become a little much nicer compared to the previous time. Not that our shop is ugly to began with. For a new little shop, we can be considered quite classy in terms of the ambience and design. Our Western set such as "chicken-chop" and "pork-chop" were a hit among customers. Mum says that the shop is making much more profit, with the cash flowing in each time when business is at its peak.


Okay, I am really, really.. tired now and I have to end my journal here. I want to get home before the sky gets dark;-

No comments: