Thursday, May 15, 2008

Long tiring day, missed classes, faulthy college printer...etc;

Yesterday totally ruined half of my day in college. Well, let me enlighten you with what happened.


You see, me being the extremely diligent, hardworking girl had completed 50% of my WebPage design assignment; that is the "timetable" and the "form" thingie. To complete the task, I have to print out the output, arrange it accordingly, and bring it for binding, before I can hand up the fully completed assignment to my lecturer, Mr.Liaw.


Should have done everything at home, but couldn't for something was wrong with my dad's RM600.00 laser printer. Previously, dad informed me that the black ink catridge was already empty and I would have to install a new black ink catridge by myself into the printer if I wanted to use it when I get back home. At home, I managed to install the new, black ink-catridge into my dad's printer by following the instructions as being read on my computer screen. After that, I made sure that there was enough of A4 paper in the printer's feeder before proceeding to press on the print button. And so, I waited for my printed output to come out. But nothing came out to my dismay; not even a blank piece of paper. The only thing being produced was an irritating, weird buzzing sound which I do not know what the hell was that.F*ck!!!


I went back to college on Monday and showed the contents of my timetable and form to my lecturer, Mr.Liaw. He checked the contents in my disket for me and said that everything was okay. The only thing he did was to correct some errors and tidied up a few lines of HTML codes for me. Thus, everything was perfectly done.


The next day, on Tuesday I decided to go to my college computer lab to print out all of my output by using the lab's printer. As I know, there were about two or three computer lab in my college. At first I went to a com lab in block C and enquired is there any printing service available. But the guy said that if I wanted to print my stuff, I would have to go to the com lab in block D for that is the only place where students can print their stuff for free.


And so, I went to block D and asked the guy in charge politely if it's okay for me to print my stuff by using the lab's printer. He than asked me what exactly do I wanted to print. I than replied that I wanted to print the output of my WebPage design assignment where I have already saved the contents in a disket. He told me that it is okay if I want to print my college assingments only, and not other unrelated stuff. I said a quick "thanks", and happily went into the computer lab to proceed with my task.


Inside the computer lab, I selected PC noU88 for that particular computer was already turned on. I inserted my disket into the hard-drive and went into Internet Explorer to open up my document contents.


( On a note;- The next series of events, I do not want to rant
further on. Let's say that it has totally ruined
half of my day in college. Simply speaking, the college
lab has one of the most faulthy printer that I have ever
seen. The result of the printing job was also the
worst, lousiest and ugliest that I
have ever seen in my 20 years of life. And, the
quality of the paper was unspeakable. No sound,
reasonable-minded person would call that a proper
printing job. The end result was just liked coming out
from a faks-machine. I even thought that the geeky guy
in-charge had made a mistake when he handed me
out the printed documents, telling me that it was
already done. ~ : I nearly fainted. ~ )


I rest my case here and move on briefly to what have happened today. Today, I was even more frustrated for I have already missed two Economics classes, that is the lecture which was being held at 9-10 am and the tutorial which was conducted from 10.30-12.00am. I only knew about it when I went for my WebPage Design tutorial class at 12.00pm in the afternoon and accidentally bumped into my Econs lecturer Miss.Hoo. She was already coming out from her class and I immediately stopped her. Anxiously, I asked Miss.Hoo if there is a class being conducted today which I do not know. She said that there was actually a lecture at 9-10am this morning and also a tutorial which just ended at 12.00pm in the afternoon. I wanted to cry at that moment for missing both of my Economics lecture and tutorial classes, although it was unintentional. After all, I am supposed to attend all the classes for I really need the chance and also to be on the safest side of passing my three repeat/resit papers. Instead, I apologized to Miss Ho and told her that I really, reallyyy..., reallyyyy do not know that there were classes today and it was unintentional. If I knew it, I would definetely not missed it..., even if the world is to end today. Luckily, Miss Hoo accepted my apology and I *think* that she understood my explanation. Instead, she assured me not to worry too much about it and informed me that there will be lecture and classes tomorrow as usual; and I could see her during her consultation hours tomorrow and enquire her on the lessons that I have missed. Gratefully, I thanked Miss.Hoo with a great relief and immediately proceeded to take a seat for my WebPage design classes are about to start.


Still pissed off with myself for being such a total forgetful moron for missing my Econs classes, I still managed to concentrate during WebPage design although deep down inside, I am not. When classes ended for WebPage, I went to my lecturer Mr.Liaw to show my few pieces of printed output( which was being done at that stupid com lab by using that lousy printer )to him. I had to wait for a while for a number of pesky students from my class were hovering him, liked a swarm of bees buzzing over a pot of honey. It was damn irritating, although I had to be patient.


I nearly didn't want to show my assignment to Mr.Liaw for I was greatly embarassed with the outcome of the output, coming out from that f*ckin, lousy college printer. I wanted to cry and cry and cry till my tears have all dried out, but I couldn't do so. I wanted everyone to get lost and leave me alone, so that the earth would swallow me up whole, but I couldn't do too. My ego, pride and dignity was too high for me to do so and most importantly, I was afraid.Afraid, and bundled by too many worries. Simply speaking, I was a coward and I feared to be mocked and laughed by others.* Great big sigh * I really do not know... All I could do was to complaint to a girl next to me about the f*ckin college printer and to complain the same thing to Mr.Liaw( my lecturer )explaining to him my situation. I told him that I have a major problem before finally, having the courage to show him that few pieces of lousy,printed paper that was being held on my hand. I explained to him that I do not have a choice but to use the college printer to print out my assignment, for there was something wrong with my own printer. I also explained to him that I purposely went back to my hometown on last Saturday, just to do my assignment for my both of my PC and printer are at there. Lastly, I explained to him that I was deeply sorry and expressed my regret that the output of my assignment came out liked a f*ckin piece of paper from a faks machine( although I did not swear in front of him ). I explained, explained and explained my reasons to him till I was nearly out of breath.


I than asked him if any marks would be deducted or would my grading be affected if I hand him up this ugly, sh*tty piece of thing as my assignment 1. Luckily, he was understanding and assured me that no marks would be deducted and this sh*tty piece of thing is acceptable. He also said that most importantly, all my HTML codes must be clear, concise and free from errors. The outlook or the gorgeousness of my assignment is not important.


Not assured and still not satisfied, I asked Mr.Liaw again( 3, 4, 5 times ) regarding my college assignment. Although I sounded dumb and "cheung hei" Cantonese for "long breath", but I do not give a damn. I just wanted to make sure and to hear that 100 percent assurance from the lecturer before I was fully satisfied. I think he was quite fed up with me, and told me in a sick and tired one last, final time that made me get the point. Indeed, I got the point.


I have to stop my entry here for it was already getting dark outside. If it gets darker, it would be too dangerous for me to walk home alone. Most importantly, I reallyyyy.... have to study for my WebPage Design mid-term test which will began in the afternoon tomorrow. tonight, I will definetely pray to God that tomorrow will be a much better day, and hopefully; I will also do well in Web-Page Design mid-term test.


Till the next entry.Adios!!!

No comments: